Top Ten Books I Want to Reread

11.04.2014


Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the wonderful ladies over at The Broke and The Bookish.

The weeks topic: Top Ten Books I want to reread.

So, I'm actually a big rereader. If I'm in the mood for something very specific and I know I've already read a book that has that something I'll often just reread instead of finding something new to fit my mood. Other times I just loved the book so much I want to experience it all over again.


Fun fact: In high school when I really built a passion for reading through the discovery of Twilight, I read the book over and over until I actually got sick of it. Now I can't look at it because I've read it simply too much. (Plus I'm sure that the experience of reading it now at 22 won't be quite the same as it was for 15 year old me). Okay, lets move on with the books I've chosen!








Sempre by J.M. Darhower - This author has created such an interesting and gritty mafia world and characters so intricately woven. I actually reread this seriously recently after she release her prequel to book one and two last week.

I'll Give You The Sun by Jandy Nelson - I loved the twins and the story surrounding their struggles and heartbreak, it was so beautiful and it's one I want to experience again.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - This was the first book I've ever read by this author and it's still one of my favorites, I've reread it a couple times before.

Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya - One of the first manga to introduce me to the world of Japanese comics and one of the funniest and cutest ones. I actually managed to collect all but the last two volumes. I need to complete the series!

Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi - quite a few people (including two friends who know who they are) where not pleased with the end of this series but it was perfect for me and I have specific pages marked to go back to at all times.

Beautiful Player by Christina Lauren - I'll admit I go back to this one for the steamy scenes, these co-authors really know how to write characters with the perfect amount of chemistry to make things interesting.

Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover - Hoover has written so many beautiful books and this one is my favorite because it hurts so good and Ridge is honestly one of my favorite characters. I can't express just how wonderful and vulnerable and not perfect but still amazing he is.

Blue-Eyed Devil by Lisa Kleypas - Another one chosen for the steamy chemistry between the two main characters but Kleypas also does a good job of creating interesting characters in her books, and she does some interesting things to her romance plots. I also enjoy the Texas setting.

Harry Potter and The Socerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling - I've reread these a few times, though the last time I did was when book seven came out. Might need to change that in the future!

Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale by Holly Black - the books in this series are the only ones I've read by this author but they're some of my favorites. I still enjoy reading them since quite a while ago, another high school read actually.