Top Ten To Read This Winter

11.25.2014


This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This weeks topic: Top Ten Books On My Winter TBR List!





The Young Elites by Marie Lu - I've been intrigued by this one due to a few reviews I've read here and there. A book about the bad guys? I'll definitely be giving this a try.

Just One Day/Just One Year by Gayle Forman - I put these off because I wasn't sure if I'd enjoy them as much as If I Stay, but my friend is reading and loving them and has convinced me to give them a try!

One Plus One by JoJo Moyes - So far, I've only read Me Before You (and it completely destroyed me for a solid week), but I also have The Girl You Left Behind, I just haven't read that one yet either. Between that one and this one however I like the sound of One Plus One more so I chose it for my list!

What Happened To Goodbye by Sarah Dessen - I feel guilty for not reading this one yet! I bought it a couple weeks after it came out but it's been sitting with the rest of my books for the longest time. I've yet to read The Moon and More either, though I'm mostly getting urges to reread my favorites, Along For The Ride and The Truth About Forever.

The Song of Achilles by Madeline Miller - I've been intrigued by this one for a while, and I see good things being said about it from various people online. I love any kind of fiction involving mythology (one my favorite being Sherrilyn Kenyon's Dark-Hunter series) so I definitely want to read it soon.

The Winners Curse by Marie Rutkoski - I'd only heard of this book until recently, when a few blogs buzzed about the future release of the sequel and the summary has such an interesting premise to me, so I definitely want to try it.

The Secret History by Donna Tartt - I've added this as a sort of challenge to myself as I briefly discussed last week, and I've seen a lot of people really enraptured by this book so I want to see what all the fuss is about. 

The Impossible Knife of Memory by Laurie Halse Anderson - I have to admit, I haven't yet read Speak, but I saw the movie and it was definitely powerful considering the subject matter so I do want to give it a try. But this one caught my attention before I realized it was the same author!

The Diviners by Libba Bray - I previously read Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle series in high school so I want to read this one to see if I will continue to be a fan of her books, and I like that she sets it in the past as well. 

So what books are on your winter tbr list? Have you read any of these before?