Top Ten Books From My Teen Years + Childhood

3.24.2015


This is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. 

This weeks topic: Top 10 books from my childhood (or teen years) that I would like to revisit. Below are the books from my teen years I would definitely like to to revisit (or already have), and as a bonus I also shared books from my childhood that have really stuck with me through the years, especially because I feel like they're such classics.


Noughts & Crosses by Malorie Blackman - This book has seriously stuck with me since I first read it. It's been so long I probably don't remember the plot enough to do it justice when explaining it but it was definitely one of those books that left me thinking. I would definitely revisit it, especially to finish the other books in the series. 

Burned by Ellen Hopkins - Burned was my first foray into darker YA fiction. YA that explores themes beyond being a normal teenager, and she does a beautiful job. I've read a big majority of her YA books and I've really enjoyed each one of them.

Tithe by Holly Black - this book was my first journey outside of contemporary YA as a teen and out of all these it is definitely my absolute favorite. I reread it endlessly as a teen. Then I let a friend borrow it and they lost it which BROKE MY HEART but I replaced it a couple of years ago so me thinks it's definitely time for a revisit. I've yet to read anything else from Holly Black and I don't know why! I should.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - This, as well as Along For The Ride and Lock & Key, are my absolute favorite books by Dessen. However, this one will always be special to me because it was my first Dessen book I read when I was 14 (WOW that feels like so long ago). It's also the only one of my favorites I don't own yet and it makes me sad so I need to rectify that so I can revisit it for sure!!

Fruits Basket by Natsuki Takaya - While this is a manga series, it's one of the very first ones I read so it introduced me to the world of Japanese comics, which I still read to this day. I did so many chores to earn money to buy each volume as they came out in English and I managed to collect every one of them so I definitely want to reread them and experience the characters again.


Clifford the Big Red Dog by Norman Bridwell
Sweet Valley High by Francine Pascal
The Berenstein Bears by Stan & Jan Berenstein
The Nancy Drew Files by Carolyn Keene

Have you read any of these as a teen/child? What were your favorites?