Goodbye August, Hello Birthday Month.

9.02.2015














This month has been my month of getting back into the swing of blogging, visiting other blogs, commenting, etc. Overall, I only published three posts but that's fine, especially considering I didn't come back until the middle of August!

WHAT I DID

I graduated college!!!!! In my last wrap up I talked about how I was starting my summer classes, and that this short 6 week course was going to be online. I only had 9 credits left before finishing, so only 3 classes to take! However, we were doing 12 weeks of material in 6 and it was a tough semester! Especially because being home and in summer break mode made it a little tougher to not procrastinate on assignments. However, I finished with grades I was really proud of and my degree is being sent to me (there are no ceremonies for summer commencement). It's sooo strange to see people on their way back to college and no longer being a part of the whole process. Now it's time to try to be a full time adult! My little brother's birthday was also this month, on the 28th (he turned 3!), so the last few days were spent with him as the center of attention. :D We had a party then the next day was his very first trip to the zoo it was cute to watch.

WHAT I POSTED

WHAT I READ


This month was full of good books, with only a few that didn't quite hit the mark. My absolute favorites were The Fixer by Jennifer Lynn Barnes and The Young Elites by Marie Lu. Both were fucking awesome books to read and I don't know why I avoided The Young Elites as long as I did!! Bounce wasn't as good as I thought it would be, and so far Boomerang is my favorite of the two. With a Twist was very meh, it definitely could have been a loot better. The rest of my August reads were good, all 4/5 star ratings!

WHAT I LISTENED TO


Blood - Lianne La Havas; Badlands - Halsey; Communion - Years & Years; Beauty Behind The Madness - The Weeknd

Spotify is suuch a good place for me to discover new music because otherwise I am not that good finding anything you don't hear on the radio top music lists. I discovered Halsey a few months back through her song Ghost, Lianne through her song Unstoppable, and Years & Years through their song Real. The Weekend, I knew of previously. All were really good albums, although Halsey's was my favorite, hands down, 

LOOKING FORWARD

My birthday is this month, on September 9th!! I'll be turning 23, which isn't that big of a deal so I don't really have anything planned, yet at least. I just really want some cake, my last few birthdays were while I was away for school and it severely lacked in sweets. Otherwise, not much is happening for me in September!!

ANTICIPATED SEPTEMBER RELEASES












Not pictured: Queen of Shadows! But only because I'm currently reading it and since this recap is a little late, I didn't think it technically counted. But overall, I'm not too familiar with a lot of the releases for September, so these are the only ones I know enough to look forward to! Also, I don't know if you need to have read Shadow and Bone to read Six of Crows but I definitely need to finish that series as well, since I own and have only read the first book!

Other books I plan to read that aren't new releases are: The Naturals by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, The Diviners by Libba Bray, and Blue Bloods by Melissa De La Cruz.

What are you looking forward to in September?