Top Ten Tuesday: Books About Friendship

5.13.2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This weeks topic is "Books I almost put down but didn't."



  • Anna and The French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins - I'm not even going to lie about my brief moment of shallowness when I read about Etienne being shorter than Anna but I told myself to shush it and keep reading and I loved him!
  • Hopeless by Colleen Hoover - I actually put this one to the side several times before I finally read it all the way through. I have no idea why it was such a struggle in the beginning because wow, it was not what I was expecting.
  • Frenched by Melanie Harlow - This one simply started of slow for me. It turned out to be a nice easy read.
  • The Darkest Minds by Alexandra Bracken - This is another one I simply put to the side or stalled in favor of other books but it was an interesting one!
  • Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo - kept stalling. Then I was properly introduced to the Darkling, heh.
  • This Girl by Colleen Hoover - I wasn't fond of this series being three books, because so much drama and heartache but I don't like leaving a series unfinished. It turned out to be a good read!
I found six for this weeks! I didn't have sufficient time today like I usually do to do something creative to get to the full ten so I found these for my list pretty quickly. I ended up enjoying every one of these so I have to say I'm glad I didn't put them down or quit them! Mostly at the time of reading each of them the first time, I wasn't in the mood for the kind of story they were so I switched to reading something else. No regrets!

What are some of the books you ended up not putting down? Are you glad you didn't?