Top Ten Tuesday

5.20.2014

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by the girls over at The Broke and The Bookish. This weeks topic is "Books about friendship." I haven't managed to read that many books with a theme of friendship so here are some I've read where friendship and growth are big themes, as well as a couple on my to read list.



Sisterhood of The Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares - This is a series I read for the most part of my time in high school. I really enjoyed how the friendships between the girls grew and evolved with the changes they faced in their lives.

The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen - This one isn't solely about friendship but the relationships built between the MC and her coworkers was one of the things I liked most in the book, outside the lovely Wes!

The Au Pairs by Melissa De La Cruz - I was crazy for this book series as a teen also, and I loved seeing the start of the friendship between three girls who wouldn't befriend each other in normal situations, and how those friendships last through the rest of the books. It was also interesting to see characters flawed and working through life the way these girls were.

Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen - I don't remember a lot about this book, but I did love the way the two girls were there for each other through their toughest times. 

Open Road Summer by Emery Lord - Definitely one of the top friendships in YA. I can't even say enough about how much I loved their friendship, as well as their characters outside of it. They were so supportive of each other, especially giving the situations they were put in.


The Museum of Intangible Things by Wendy Wunder - This one is on my to read list, but the friendship seems to be a big part of the book, and I'm intrigued (also the cover! I've used this one in previous top tens).

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales - Another one on my to read list, but I'm interested in the relationships the MC builds in the book. 

Last Chance by Sarah Dessen - Dessen's books are the kind I put on my to read list even before I know what they're about, and Sarah knows how to do books about friendships and relationships of all kinds.

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson - I finished this one just yesterday and I love love loved it. Emily and her growth plus the friendships in this one were so amazing to read.

The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky - This is one I wished I'd read as a teenager, and the MC's struggle to find his place with his own group was such a nice read.